summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bird Du Jour


I have been enjoying the mystic, almost hypnotic, notes of the Eastern Meadowlark on my walks to and from the pond.  Their songs surround me as I walk mostly through pasture, an ideal environment for these birds.  I hear a lot of meadowlarks, and I see less. The meadowlark can quickly hide even in the shortest grass which we have at this time of year. During the growing season, I have to catch this fabulous bird either in flight or resting/singing from atop a fence post. 



Fortunately, today, I tracked a bird flying through my line of sight. Sure enough, it was a meadowlark.  The beautiful bird landed and remained visible as it pecked along the ground.  The bright and bold yellow of its chest and belly was easy to spot and follow once the meadowlark faced me head on. 


 Mountain Glen Farm is home to  lots of meadowlarks. 



We always seem to be in song.

No comments:

Post a Comment