summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hints of Spring


winter interest in my garden

February continues to sport a warm day here and there.  Today…in the 70’s.

It was like I said..."look an me and SMILE"






















honking away




The geese (occasionally honking)
and ducks are still down at the pond (Glenn’s chasing them away was short-lived.) But, what caught my attention were the increasing number of bluebirds from those I observed on my walk just a few days ago.
























The Eastern Bluebirds are starting to make their presence more obvious.  They are searching out future nesting sites.  We have a lot of bluebirds at Mountain Glen, so I imagine a lot of nesting sites are needed, both in what nature provides and in what we provide in way of nesting boxes.






And, do you know what else I noticed today?



My small silver maple, the one growing in my chicken pen, has started to bloom.



Spring is in the air…


I did not notice the lunar eclipse a few nights back,
but the moon was gorgeous nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment