summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, February 27, 2017

Grey Day


A definite grey day today.  I still took my walk, but there was not much activity to see or to record. Even the birds seemed to take cover from the gloom.  I did notice a bunch of small holes in the ground along my path.  They looked like exit holes for some kind of creatures, but what kind I am totally ignorant.  Any ideas?






When I got back home, I decided to wash the few dishes I had sitting in the sink. As I was washing, I glanced out the kitchen window and saw a hint of yellow between the bottom of the garden and the woods.  I knew exactly what I was seeing…the beginnings of my forsythia bushes flowering.





The flower buds were just breaking bud, the yellow was only a suggestion of blossoms.  I had to get a closer look.



The yellow of the forsythia is like a sunshine growing in the garden. I would have to wait a bit longer to get the full effect of these happy perennials.


 

Next to my forsythia bushes, there is a flowering quince.  Still not in flower either, but also giving enough pink color to know the elation is not far off.









For now, I will enjoy my many daffodil clumps in flower throughout my gardens  – many different values of yellow and many different shapes of blossoms. 






Spring is not far off.  Color is returning to the farm.



And, I LOVE color!






No comments:

Post a Comment