summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Turkey Tikes


Looking out the office window, as I do frequently when working at the computer, I noticed a bunch of moving brown spots. While at the computer, I do not wear my glasses - never do for close-up work, so my distance sight is always a bit fuzzy.  Add to that a slight drizzle clouding the window, and any clear view was not possible.



What are all those brown spots?  On further inspection, I was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of turkeys grazing the pasture between the house and the woods.





I think there were two hens, but the number of poults was too difficult to make an accurate count.  Like I said, these birds (spots) were moving.  I will estimate that I was watching at least twenty young turkeys bob their heads up and down as they moved about the grass foraging.



I went outside for a better view; and in so doing, they got a better view of me.  They were not frightened, but they were not comfortable. 




Those turkeys made a slow return to the woods.  Within a minute, they were totally out of my sight.



I am told that turkeys have great eyesight; so, even though I could not see them, they were probably watching me.





That’s fair.


No comments:

Post a Comment