summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Vile Vultures



Vultures fly over our farm daily.  They are continually looking for food, carrion.



Usually a single bird is seen circling high overhead; most notably perceived by Buddy first.  I frequently see him running off, at full speed eyes gazing high in the sky, in chase mode.



Vultures are huge birds.  Their size alone is quite scary; now, add the fiendish head - terrifying!


one vulture...


When I notice that their numbers increase from one to eight or more, I know there is a dead animal nearby.


two vultures...
three vultures!




Once in while I observe them sunning, perched on a tree branch or a fence post.  Their dark wings are completely outstretched; looking even more ominous.






I have to admit…vultures are not my favorite bird species. Even the bright red head (and I often mention how much I adore color) does not win me over.


No comments:

Post a Comment