summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, May 19, 2012

In Charge

Glenn and Becky are attending a Grazing Workshop.



Therefore, I am in charge at the farm; meaning, I have to feed and check on all the animals.  So far, most (and, I repeat most) of the livestock are cooperating nicely except for the two little lambs.  Yep, those cute little soft and cuddly lambs are being, let’s say, a bit delinquent.  How?  They are crawling through the fences that are sheep-proof, but not little lamb proof - of course not!!!!



Also, I thought that I would have a lot of ‘my’ time to put a slight dent into my chores ‘to do’ list; more like a barely visible scratch - ugh!   ‘Time flies’ never seems to lose its significance - darn….what was I thinking; my ‘to do’ list is quite lengthy and expands on a daily basis.  Dent…right!



Then, Glenn installs a used washer in the basement hours before he leaves (like that was a priority) and now there is water flooding that area of the basement.  I turned the water off to the washing machine, but there is still a leak…somewhere????  The best I can do, at this point, is to put rags on the floor to absorb the water and make frequent visits to wring out the water-logged rags. Not exactly what I had in mind when I thought I would be getting things done…



The bright side was when I was washing my dishes and I glimpsed two Indigo buntings frolicking in the flowering dogwood tree just feet from my kitchen window.  I say glimpse because the birds, as brilliant blue as they are, managed to hide among the lush foliage and I was only able to catch those glimpses. During the brief bird watching session, I also noticed my first hummingbird of the season snacking from the dazzling red poppies located just beneath the dogwood. Those tiny iridescent birds always amaze me; in color, in size, and in wing action.



My day…it was not so unpleasant after all.


Today, the first daylily blooms in my garden this spring - fabulous color!  Did I mention I am a color freak?

No comments:

Post a Comment