summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, October 6, 2014

A Surprise Present


Last night, Glenn went to town to run some errands. He brought me back a present… a huge, new wheelbarrow.

 

He did not tell me about the wheelbarrow, but I saw it first thing this morning just waiting outside the door.   I was thrilled!  It does not take much to make me happy.

 

My second thought was that Glenn wants me to do more work - ugh!

 

My old wheelbarrow; which is getting very squeaky, loose and rusted/rotten, is very small.  I currently use it to move mulch from my stockpile located out in the pasture, through the yard, to the furthest perennial beds.  I decided to mulch the challenging beds first. The going is slow.  On the upside, I am getting quite a bit of exercise walking back and forth. That was my plan.

 
Ol' Reliable will still be useful - probably for the lighter jobs


The new wheelbarrow looks to hold double the amount that the small one does.  My fear is that I do not have enough muscle to wheel such a load.  I will find out soon.

 
Isn't she pretty?

For now, I am just admiring my brand new, forest green, unscratched, undented wheelbarrow. Then, tomorrow, I will get back to hauling and spreading mulch.

 

Today, I just want to savor my shiny new implement for one entire day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment