summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Firewood Woes


The temperature has turned quite cool over the past few days.  I go to bed cold and I wake up cold. 

 

We heat the house with a wood-burning furnace and that furnace is still standing idle in the dark and damp basement.  Glenn tries to keep from starting up the furnace as long as possible, and certainly no sooner than November 1st.  It is still October. That is a problem for me as I like to be warm and cozy.

 

The other problem is our firewood supply.

 






This is our firewood.  Not cut, not split, not stacked, not close to getting into the basement.  It is sitting on this truck.

 

We also have a pile that was ready to split at the beginning of spring.  It is also not cut, not split, not stacked.


 

Other farm chores have taken priority. But, time is getting short.  Or, in reality, time has run out.

 

I am concerned.   

No comments:

Post a Comment