summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Inspiration



I fancy the periwinkle blue chicory blooming midsummer along the roadsides and throughout our barn yard paddocks.  The green of the grasses seems to turn  blue with the color of this daisy-like flower.




Fortunately, I am an early riser because by late morning all the blooms have closed up for the day…only a coarse, unsightly stem remains.



Then, I go searching for other stunning colors within my summer garden. 



An Indigo Bunting blasting a fluorescent blue as it sits among the dazzling bright red-orange daylilies.




A Purple Finch displaying a brilliant raspberry as it rests near the bird feeder. 




And, a bold Spicebush Swallowtail butterfly alighting on the rosy-pink frills of my crepe myrtle shrub.




No matter where I look, I can always delight in a bit of color…small yet striking focal points in this awe-inspiring world.



Take a look around your garden…get inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment