summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, August 31, 2012

Waiting For The Shot


There is a beautiful, metallic green hummingbird that frequents my Cardinal flower, my butterfly bush, and my blue salvia.  I see him several times daily as I watch from the inside of my house.

 

Outside, I observe him more closely as I weed near his favorite plants. 

 

But, when I have my memory recorder (camera), he vanishes.

 

This morning, I decided to sit quietly on the back deck, camera at the ready, within a few feet of the favored blue salvia to wait for his visit.

 

I waited, and I waited.  No hummingbird in sight.  But, I did find interest in the bee that was intent on collecting all the nectar from that salvia plant. 


 

Later in the day, there he was; that hummingbird flying from his favorite perennial to favorite perennial.

 

And I…inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment