summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Speedy Spring

Normally, our spring is a short season.  The changes that occur between winter’s dormancy and summer’s evolution occur quickly; but, this year’s pace is even more rapid. Spring is progressing at lightning speed.  I believe this is due to the combination of the past mild winter; warmer seasonal temperatures; and the recent, frequent rains.









The earliest of the blooming flowers have already faded.














The greening of the grass has become lush, elongated growth.


cherry blossom buds

Expanding buds one day turn into juvenile leaves or colorful blossoms the next day.


Sweetgum -  emerging leaves and expanding flower buds
apple blossom buds

 





The birds constantly chatter. They seem to be in a frenzy to get their nests built.







The greys of the leafless woodlands have become tinted with green overnight.




Butterflies are gliding on the spring breezes.



Since I am unable to slow the process, I make a determined effort to observe as much as possible during any one moment.  I create a mental picture in my mind to retrieve when desired.  No matter the actual number of days of this season, it will be small; I will try to remember each beautiful moment.



Mother Nature is in a hurry this year.  She has an agenda.




My agenda…keep my senses alert to each magical moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment