summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Elusive Bunny


I do not know if you noticed, but I have never included a photo of a rabbit, or bunny for that matter, in any of my blogs.  In fact, I do not think I even have a photo of the furry fellow.

Why?  I can’t get one!

First, with all the cats and dogs running around the yard, the few surviving grass nibbling nose wigglers do not stay in residence for very long.  They usually move to a safer, more rabbit friendly environment.  Well, that is my perspective on the matter.  In reality, there is no rabbit friendly environment around that I am aware…the woods provide better cover, but those owls and hawks are quite talented and usually quite accurate.

Second, if I do see a bunny; by the time I fetch my camera…gone.  Sometimes I catch a glimpse of the cottontail quickly scurrying into the tall grass of the nearby pasture or into one of many of my perennial flower beds, hidden by the lush vegetation - lucky bunny.

I will continue to pursue this aspiration until I am successful; if it takes days, months or years. 

Eventually, I will have to be the lucky one.



Today was my lucky day…I finally saw this cutie through my living room window.  I took the photo from  inside the house.   I was not taking any chances of scaring the little guy away. Then, I tried to get one from outside, but the second I quietly opened the door, the bunny hopped swiftly into the daylilies lining that side of the house.

Huh?


No matter…I got my picture; my goal achieved!



No comments:

Post a Comment