summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Such A Rude Snake

Glenn yelled from the vegetable garden.  I was inside the house, so I went to the open window closest to his location to find out what the fuss was about.  Evidently, a big black snake was leaving the garden, heading toward the house.


heading toward the house


getting closer to the house


Was this the snake that had attached itself to the exterior of our home just weeks ago?  I hope so…better one snake than two or more.  But, slinking towards MY HOUSE…this is not my first choice, or any choice for that matter, for the snake’s destination.  How inconsiderate!!!




Glenn made several attempts to change the snake’s course to no avail. This snake was on a mission.  Finally, Glenn just decided to grab the snake (bare-handed) and relocate him/her/it to a nearby shed; better than my house, but…



The negatives are:  this shed is located next to my garden shed which I frequent on a daily basis, and I do not care to see the snake on a daily basis; and, the chicken house is located within feet of the shed.  I have seen (not for a very long time) big snakes curled up in the nesting box eating whole chicken eggs; no cracking necessary - not a plus; for me, that is.  Besides, I visit the chicken house several times during the day to collect eggs (not those already bulging in a snake’s stomach), check feed, fill the waterer.  I repeat…I do not want to see this snake daily.  In fact, twice in as many months is too frequent a time interval for me.  I use to see a snake once every three to four years, if that - ah, the good ol’ days.


up close and TOO personal


I just hope this snake feels all warm, cozy and at home in the shed.  If not, he may be headed back to the house - yikes!



And, how will I know???

No comments:

Post a Comment