summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, June 1, 2012

Magic Moment


This morning I looked out the window; and, I noticed a plump bird sitting on the wooden fence. 



Hmmm…a bird that looked unfamiliar. 



Using my camera as binoculars, I was able to zoom in closer without getting too near the window to frighten the bird away.  The feathering was different and yet familiar at the same time as I noticed a recognizable blue coloring.








The bird gave a few stretches.  Suddenly, a mature blue jay, sex unknown, joined the fence-sitter and gave it some food.  Eureka…a baby blue jay!









The adult flew off.  I continued to watch.  Then, a red-bellied woodpecker lighted near the youngster on the fence.  Within seconds, the adult blue jay flew in to chase the sapsucker away.  Unsuccessful, the adult blue jay coaxed the baby to join in flight to the silver maple tree just feet away. 




The woodpecker remained to peck bugs from a decaying fence post.




Another magical moment duly noted.








No comments:

Post a Comment