summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sizzling Summer...Welcome!






















The summer solstice will occur, for me, at 7:09 PM tonight.




A minor benchmark as celebrations go; but, significant nonetheless.  I like to take notice of these marginal holidays as special.





Today is the hottest day of the year, to date, so my celebrating will be kept to a physical minimum.  I will wait until the coolness of the evening to wander about my gardens enjoying the bounty of the season on this day of longest light hours for the year.  I cannot believe that this date in 2012 has arrived so quickly; the light of day time will now begin to shorten. 




As I sit indoors during the heat of early afternoon, I hear a most energetic bird singing loudly. Usually the birds are most melodic throughout the early morning hours; finding respite, like me, from the afternoon heat.  I tried to locate his perch, but this songster is comfortably hidden among the thick summer foliage; so, I just continue to sit back, relax, and enjoy the mélange of tunes while sitting in the slight breeze entering through the opened window. 




I have conscientiously slowed down my life; but, I cannot slow down the influences of Mother Nature. 




Today, my celebration includes reflection of my life; now, and in the near future. 




The sun has changed direction.   What direction do I want to journey?



No comments:

Post a Comment