summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer's First Thunderstorm?

The sun shines bright.  The still air is hot and humid.



Suddenly, thunder rumbles in the distance.  Clouds build higher into the sky.  Trees sway in the occasional gusts of wind. Dust spirals over the gravel driveway.  The sun is veiled; darkening the blue sky to grey.




I wait.



I contemplate…will I receive the anticipated rain during the first thunderstorm of summer 2012, or will the indicators only tease at my hopes?



I continue to wait.  And, wait.



No rain, not one drop. The clouds clear enough for the sun to make a final appearance as it lowers in the western sky.




Fortunately, the air temperature dropped over 20 degrees resulting in a comfortable early summer evening.   



Ahhh….

No comments:

Post a Comment