summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, February 24, 2012

Another Gorgeous Day ?

As I finally made my way outside this morning, I felt like I had just stepped out into the tropics. The sun was bright; the temperature was warm, more like hot (70 at 10:30 AM); and the overall feeling was balmy, almost beachy.  I actually thought I heard a seagull nearby.  (We have had seagulls in our area before, so that thought is not outrageous.)



I discovered another clump of sunny daffodils in bloom, and I even saw some weeds in flower - the blue mimicked the color of the sky. 


Another gorgeous day, except…

Eastern Hemlock leaning to the right in the wind.

Two hours later the sky had greyed, the wind blew fiercely (wind gusts predicted to 45 mph), rain started to fall.  The weather forecast had added tornado watches to our immediate area.  The temperature was due to drop into the 30’s.




A gorgeous day?  Perhaps,…not.


No comments:

Post a Comment