summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Soapbox - The U.S. Post Office and more

I am steaming....

I sent a business letter to a person living in the same county as myself (probably a 15 minute drive between addresses) back in mid-October.

The letter was just returned, RETURN TO SENDER, NO SUCH PERSON AT THIS ADDRESS...

No such person at this address as of mid-October, or no such person as of today, January 31, 2012????

This is just the most recent (for me, that is) of yet another problem with a United States Government Agency.

There has been concern regarding the financial status of this office, the capability of this office, and the future existence of this office.  Any wonder?

I depend on the USPS, but I am not willing to pay exorbitant fess or accept egregious service for my convenience - I deserve better.  I think a private entrepreneur can do better, lots better.

The Government, as a whole, has become too big to service its citizens in a reliable, fiscally responsible manner.

We can change the climate of this country; for the better, for the future.  Take a good look at what you are paying  (taxes, fees) and what you are getting in return (government programs) - is it what you want?  I do not.  My vote is going to count come November.  Is yours?

I am for smaller government (the private sector is always more reliable), less taxes, less government regulations, fewer entitlement programs (get rid of the waste and fraud),  reliance on American energy, less corruption (term limits), political honesty (not out and out lying - yes, lying  - call it what it is -  ' inaccurate' is a cop-out) from our elected representatives. 

People - wake up!  We can either keep the degradation of our fine country going in free fall, or we can stand up and voice change that will get this country back on track - those Founding Fathers were a bunch of mighty smart dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment