summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter?

As I woke this morning, my view was engulfed in fog.  I could not see past the four-board wooden fence which is located just feet from the house.  No cows, no sheep, no pasture, no mountains, no sky could be seen. There was no evidence of little critter footsteps on the brick walkway or deck - everybody, it seemed, was still asleep and cozy.


What I did see was pure white iciness covering the tops of the fence post, the upper sides of the holly leaves, the roofs of the outbuildings.  The brown grass, the ivy, the twigs of the naked perennials were all  frosted.



Perhaps, this is our winter this year.  I'll take it!

By late morning, the sun came out, and

...our winter melted away.

No comments:

Post a Comment