summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Horse in My Yard

This morning as I was wandering about the house, I glanced out the nearest window (my normal routine) and saw Ember in the yard (not my normal view).



My first reflex was to start screaming for help from the horse people in residence.  I was running around looking for Glenn. I ran to wake Becky as she spent the night, comfy and cozy in the guest room until I rudely woke her up, that is.



The bigger question, was Ember the only delinquent? After all, we have three rams, three bull calves, and a llama in the same paddock.



I ran (not walked) from window to window, from the safety of the inside of my home, to assess the situation. Calves in, sheep in, llama…where is the llama? Oh, there she is - safe and sound. Gate...wide open. Of course...Ember sees an open gate, she feels obligated to go through it - not being rebellious, just curious.


Glenn sauntered over to the window, calmly watched Ember, and said, 'Humph.' He was in no hurry to run outside and get her back into the paddock as she eyed several of my dormant perennial plants.




And (if you recall from a recent blog),  the only good horse, to me, is one that is on the opposite side of the fence. Ember was on my side of the fence this morning.  Fortunately, I was still inside the house.



Glenn put on his jacket (the temperature dropped from the 70's of yesterday to below freezing this morning - that was a shocking change), slowly shuffled in Ember's direction, and led her back into the paddock; closing and chaining the gate behind her. His comment on his return was, ‘I didn't leave that gate open.'

Ember back home in her paddock...where she belongs!


Glenn is famous for leaving gates open. I should be accustomed to such...

No comments:

Post a Comment