summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Received, what we call, a 'good rain' last evening - 7/10ths of an inch.

Rain just naturally cleanses and freshens the whole outdoors.  This morning, all the plants (trees, grass, perennials) put on their happy faces - full, open foliage; bright green hues; and abundant blooms.

The most notable view was that of the lower pasture veiled in low lying clouds presenting a mystical, yet peaceful impression. 


I spend a lot time looking at the mountains - so much so that I eventually command myself to try and get some work done around the house/farm.  But, other times, I just keep gazing at the beautiful sky, mountains, farm - my world.  Work can wait...so I continue to reflect and appreciate.

I have been asked on several occasions, "Don't you get bored of the view?"  Bored?  The mountains, the sky, the weather, the entire domain are always changing - each and every moment is different.  Bored?  NO.  Fascinated?  YES.

This afternoon, Glenn over-seeded approximately ten acres of pasture with a summer grass known as crabgrass.  Crabgrass - yuck! My initial thought...keep this crabgrass out of my lawn!  After much reading on pasture management, Glenn discovered that cattle think of crabgrass as I think of ice cream - yummm! Go figure.  But, I am delighted to know that our cattle will soon be enjoying a few treats, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment