summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, December 11, 2011

And, The Gifts Continue

I am so very lucky - Glenn's gifts continue....

Glenn knew that I wanted to try a gardening experiment  - plant pole beans and lettuce seed late, very late, in the year and ascertain if those two veggies would begin to grow earlier in the spring.  They had, this past spring, from random seed falling from the remaining bean pods and lettuce seed heads; but not in enough numbers to produce a substantial crop.

So, I thought, why not try to replicate nature and just plant the seeds in the late fall and see what spring brings?

Hence, Glenn prepared the soil where the pole beans would be planted, and I planted the bean seed.  Next, he added soil and compost to the one and only raised bed where I wanted to plant the lettuce seed.  I planted the lettuce seed.


The preparation of the soil in those two areas of the garden - crossed off the priority 'to do' list - yea!

Now, we wait until to spring to see the results...I am keeping my soil-stained fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment