summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve

I planned on minimal holiday decorations this year, and I am holding true to my plan.

But, as I was out in the garden this week, continuing with clean-up and trimming, I remembered that I had not shaped the holly tree this summer - I was saving the wild branches for inside embellissshing during the December holidays.

So, today, I put together a very simple table centerpiece.  I reused a basket from a floral arrangement given to me by friend for a previous birthday, cut a few holly branches and stuck them into the floral foam. 

Simple - yes.  Something missing - yes.  My holly was very sparse on red beries this year - really out of my control.  But, my winterberry was not.  So back out to the garden to harvest a few springs of robust berries. I eneded up with just the look I was going for...austere and home grown. 

 After all, the main reason I grow holly and winterberry is for my holiday decorating.  I was enjoying the plants so much outside, I had forgotten that I wanted to bring a little of my nature inside. 


So, before I go, I want to wish one and all a very Merry Christmas - may your celebrations be filled with joy, family, and sharing.


Note:  Oops...I forgot to post this on Christmas Eve - better late....

No comments:

Post a Comment