summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Celebrate!

CELEBRATE!

Today is the day...I am one day older; officially, one year older and I love to celebrate -  getting older, no...getting better, no....just being able to enjoy life!

So Festive!

My celebration actually started yesterday with a wonderful birthday lunch treat at Hollywood's (great food) with my dear friend, Ann.  She also baked me a delicious rum cake.  I have never tried to made this cake myself because I always wait to see if Ann will bake me another one for my birthday - she always does. It is a favorite with me because I like rum.  Of course, the only rum I have had in a year is the rum that was in last year's birthday cake. As you can see,  I am not a big drinker, at least; of alcoholic beverages. I do love coke; hence, the rum. But, I truly relish each and every rum-soaked morsel of every cake Ann bakes for me. She is one good baker/cook!  This cake will not last long - two days tops (yeah...Glenn gets a sliver or two).




Then, Glenn  surprised me with a bouquet of lovely cut flowers.  I love flowers, too! All my garden flowers are gone, so a vaseful of colorful stems really brightens my day, my week...until every last one turns brown.  I have been known to keep cut flowers for as long as one month - I get the most out of every single bloom! Glenn is not normally a flower-giver - not practical enough.  So, flowers from him are, indeed, special.
On returning home from taking a load of logs to a local sawmill with Glenn, (Aren't birthdays great? You just get to do what you want.) there, sitting on the hood of my car, (which was parked in front of the house - it is usually under the carport by the barn) was a basket of potted foliage plants accented with a  brilliant red poinsettia. (I am glad the air temperature was still about 48 degrees.) A helium BIRTHDAY balloon was tied to the basket along with a box of chocolates - yum!  The dogs and cats, flanking both sides of my car, were guarding the loot until we arrived home. This surprise was from my oldest (as in longest -  jr.high/high school) friend Chris and her squeeze Gary, who live in Atlanta.

Smile!
Calls from the kids and cards from other family members and friends completed this; yes,  perfect day.  Am I a lucky person or what?  I am a very lucky person!

THANKS EVERYBODY!   You are all so extraordinary!!!

Excuse me while I brush the cake crumbs off my lap and wipe  the melted chocolate from the creases of my mouth....






No comments:

Post a Comment