summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas/Holiday Cards

Our first Christmas card of 2011 arrived in November.  Early, but understandable as it was sent by Glenn's brother who recently moved to California.  It not only announced holiday wishes, but also a new address - a kind of two birds with one stone thing - kudos.

In the past, our first card usually arrived, from a dear cousin, within the first few days of December.  I could depend on her regularity until last year...she married and her life has changed - so have her habits.

I am never early, rarely on time, and usually late sending out my cards which always includes my annual letter.  Therefore, our cards could be Christmas wishes, holiday wishes (don't forget the solstice celebration), or even New Year wishes - whatever is appropriate for that particular time frame.  I have no habits.

But, I too, will change; I will not expect the expected, and I will be thankful for the surprises - it all works out!

Regardless, I really like receiving Christmas cards.  I like the memories, I like any family updates, I like knowing that a person is still, well...alive.  Pictures are a bonus, even though; you will never get one of me - older age is not kind.

Some cards arrive from friends that we have not even seen in over twenty, thirty, even forty years.  But, the memories flood, and I might even get a trickle of a tear running down my check - I am wiping one away now! Seems like the bonds were only yesterday.  Boy, to not have aged those years (I might still be young in some one's memory)....but, it is so nice to remember.

Postage costs continue to rise.  People are busy.  People just get tired.  I understand, but...

I just wanted to let you know that I cherish every single card, every single wish that I receive - so  special, one of those treasures that I frequently mention...

As for my sending... it is that one time, that one reason to connect with people that are or have been a part of  my life!  I want you to know that you are always special to me!


My home may be minimally decorated this year, but the cards I receive are always placed/displayed where I can see them frequently - enhancing and festive, not only to our home, but to my thought.


I like Christmas cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment