summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Winter Solstice

Yep, today is the day (12:30 AM to be exact) of the 2011 winter solstice - the shortest day, longest night of the year for the eastern time zone.  Now, if you live in the central time zone, the winter solstice was yesterday, December 21st at 11:30 PM.   My dilemma is...which day is the shortest and which night the longest????

Regardless, the winter solstice occurs at the exact moment for everyone, no matter the day or time, for everyone in the northern hemisphere. I live in the eastern time zone; thus, today is the beginning of my winter and the beginning of my days becoming longer - yea!

Historically, the Winter Solstice was a time of celebration and festivities - one of many celebrations to occur during this time of year.

So, my advice....go out and PARTEE !

No comments:

Post a Comment