summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blue Ridge Mountain View

As the seasons change, so do the visual aspects of my surroundings.

One most notable change is that of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

The full greens of the summer to the multitude of autumn colors have now transitioned, no longer hindered by the leafy canopies of the tree-covered slopes and ridges, through to the actual topography of the mountains themselves.


Looking beyond the barren branches to the earth below showcases yet another aspect of these gorgeous mountains. What once was mountain tops and  modest slopes  have converted to definitive peaks, both round and pointed, and a long view of accordion-pleated slopes; even the smallest difference is obvious.


The minute to minute variations of sun, clear sky, clouds adds another unpredictable feature to entice my frequent assessments.

And, all this magnificence can be had from the warmth and comfort of my home, or from the luxury of the back deck - whatever my pleasure.


Have I mentioned how lucky/fortunate I am???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment