summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Stormin'

Last night the weather really turned blustery.  I looked out into the dark night and thought, at first,  I was watching a blizzard.  In a way, I was...I was watching a blizzard of maple leaves.  In addition, we logged over two inches, yes two inches,  of rain.  Where is that kind of moisture when we really need it during the despair of a mid-July drought?

This morning I woke to my 'Last Hurrah" maple looking more branchy and open than leafy.  I looked down at the ground and discovered where all the leaves had disappeared.   The lawn was carpeted in gold.

I ran outside to capture the beauty in my mind, before there was any chance for another quick change.


I was greeted with a slew of robins, nuthatches, and titmice within feet and not really minding my close presence.





Now, that is one great way to enjoy a morning.


The rest of the day was not as desirable as Becky and I spent hours brainstorming.

Since we are currently expanding our business ventures and Becky is stepping into the management, we have decided that a Mountain Glen Farm website is in order.  Promotion is a good thing.  Exerting the brain, not so much.

But, we made progress and have assigned homework to boot. 

I will let you all know more about the website as we get closer to a 'ready for public-viewing' site.

No comments:

Post a Comment