summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Kiss of Sunshine

Well...remember those decorative gourds mentioned in my 8-13-11 blog, What Happened to the Watermelon? They have been cut from the vine, have been brought into the house and are adding a bit - almost a kiss - of sunshine to every room.
Nineteen in total from one small vine growing in one small raised bed - not bad.  Enough to spread throughout the house to cast the last of the harvest cheer before...(dun, dun, dunnnn) winter arrives.

Since only one vine was growing, I harvested only one type of gourd.  But, this particular gourd is one of my favorites - bright orange, enhanced with a deep green bottom, and covered with amazing textural bumps.  Each one different and each one interesting.

Little things, like a gourd, can bring me lots of pleasure.  Think about it...what little things bring joy into your day? 

I have a huge mental list of little things that make me happy, make me smile; and I add to the list almost daily.

It truly is the little things in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment