summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, November 21, 2011

Night Lights

No, these are not our Christmas lights hung early....these lights stay out all year long.


I got the idea from the movie, MAMA MIA, starring Meryl Streep and a bunch of other well-known actors/actresses.  MAMA MIA takes place on a Greek island - it was filmed before all the recent riots and bad press.  In any case, the movie was a musical and was fun to watch.  You could tell all the thespians were having fun filming the movie, too.  The lyrics were all written to music by Abba.  OK - all you baby boomers out there - get those dancing shoes on!

And, in the movie,  colorful lights were hung around the stone terraces creating quite a 'party' atmosphere.  The lights were fabulous.

I wanted some of those lights.  But, the regular light bulb-sized color lights are not cheap.  So, I kept searching and I found these more economical bulbs - smaller, but still suitable. I turn them on most nights.  The glow is bright enough to light the deck so that I can walk without tripping, but dim enough to produce a tranquil mood.  Yet, colorful enough for a celebration.  And, the dogs eat their dinner under the lights - how fancy. I plan to get more strands to hang around the pergola.

Yeah, I know, these lights are really called 'Party Lights', but we never have parties.  I just have them for my  personal amusement.



As you can see, one bulb is out.  It is not burnt out, it is just out.  We call that bulb' Blue' for obvious reasons.  Glenn will give Blue a twist, Blue will shine for about one minute, and then Blue darkens. 

Blue ruins the entire color scheme - red, blue, green, yellow, pink - red, dark, green, yellow, pink - catch the sequence?  But, Glenn and I have gotten use to Blue being dark and life goes on - in a fun way!



So, may I suggest...this year when you hang your Christmas lights, plan on keeping them shining the entire year - if you live in town, it may freak out your neighbors!  Or, the lights may bring smiles to many faces.  I am smiling a whole lot more!

We do not have any neighbors that can see the colorful lights, but our cattle and sheep are now smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment