summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fluttering Color

I like color.  That is no secret. 









One of my most interesting ways I observe color is on butterflies, and moths. And, the color is in the details - I look closely. I study the scales.  I study the body.   But, I also have to be quick, or the color will flutter away.



I stand by a flowering plant on a sunny day and keep still.  And,  certainly within short order, I will be rewarded with the arrival of a butterfly, or more.  Then, getting as close as possible with camera  in hand, I click the shutter - if I am lucky, I get a 'keeper' photo.   I have deleted many a picture with my subject blurred or one vacated by said subject. 






The warmer the day, the more butterflies I observe. 






Now, that fall has arrived; the butterflies are scarce, a bit wing-worn, but still enchanting.  Soon, they will be gone.





The season of the butterfly is ending; but, like all seasons, will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment