summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sunrise

Every morning as I wake up, I grab my glasses and I always take a look out the window.  There are no curtains or blinds to hide the view. The silver maple branches, just beyond my window, could be a hindrance; but experience guides my look to the best vantage point. The branches become a frame for a magnificent, one-of-a-kind picture.  Usually, I can watch the sun rising from behind the mountain to the east, St. Mary's Wilderness.  A new day!





This aspect changes on a daily, minute to minute, basis; so I make sure to capture the beauty with my eyes, if not with my camera. The color of the sky (pink, lemon-yellow, orange), the intensity of light (soft glow, blinding bright), the mountain/landscape (dark mass outline, detailed terrain) alter.







This morning, I woke up at 4:15 AM - still very dark outside, but I could hear the wind howling - an indication of the day to be? At 5:30, darkness still prevails.  Finally, at 6:30, the sky has lightened and my surroundings have definition.  Actual sunrise (due at 6:51 AM) was not observed because of heavy cloud cover; but I know, without doubt, that the sun is getting higher in the sky with each passing second.

The day length is becoming shorter, much too rapidly for my taste, but there is nothing I can do to slow down the evolution.

Life is change.  I can either accept and appreciate change, or I can worry and be glum.  I do get melancholy, but I am learning to be more accommodating - life is, also, too short!

Sit back, get comfortable and reflect with me...


No comments:

Post a Comment