summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, September 26, 2011

We Are Being Invaded

Yep, the invasion is in full force - the invasion of the STINK bugs - pee yew!



This bug is not only ugly, but as the name implies, it stinks.  It is second only to the skunk on my scale of bad-smelling odors.

Last year was our first exposure to this intrusive and offensive bug.  This year, the numbers have multiplied.  In fact, these bugs are proliferating daily.  I am not happy.

These bugs are found outdoors, mainly on my many fruit plants.  Well, let me correct that statement...the stink bugs are found anywhere you are looking at that particular moment - they are everywhere!


While driving my car, I am constantly accompanied by the loud buzz of the bug flying around inside - hoping that I can eradicate the bug from the car before it releases its fetid stench.

Now, the stinkers are quickly finding their way indoors as the weather cools.  Fortunately, they only stink when threatened, so the trick is too quickly capture the bug and flush it down the toilet before it exudes it rang odor. 

Squashing it is the 'kiss of death' - unless, of course, you enjoy a pungent smell - I do not!

Vacuuming?  Not unless a new vacuum is my future - nope!

The bugs are currently gathering on all the window screens, a few making their way inside the house every time the door is opened.   I open a door and one or two fall from the top of the door frame. I cringe when they land on me.  Sitting around watching TV in the evening; there is always, every single night, a bug or two circling the ceiling light.   And, if I inadvertently step on one inside the house - ugh.  I am trembling at the thought.




The war is on....

No comments:

Post a Comment