summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Late Summer Flowers

Thanks to the few light showers we have had recently, color is finally  returning to my garden.  The grasshoppers caused damage to my flowering perennials, but few blooms are better than none at all.

This afternoon,  we had a real thunderstorm complete with a great deal of lightning and heavy rain.  I look forward to my garden responding to this welcomed moisture with continued flowering. 

I have included just a sampling of today's pretty petals for your viewing pleasure - enjoy!

I do!



Curly Chives

Leadwort

Gaura - always blooming

Crepe Myrtle - still in bloom


Liriope

Sedum - early 'blush' of Autumn Joy

Salvia - rebloom


Dogwood (shrub)

Rose-of-Sharon

Obedient Plant

No comments:

Post a Comment