summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, August 22, 2011

Fresh Corn Salad

Lately, I have been cooking, baking and preparing a lot of food. The main reason - the garden is currently providing many fresh vegetables and fruit.

I urge you all, if you don't already, to plant a garden for some of your fresh produce needs.    Even if you have limited space, growing a few of your favorites veggies can be so rewarding and can provide you with flavors you can never purchase at a store.


I  came across a recipe for Fresh Corn Salad in my June 2011 issue of Better Homes and Gardens.  (Note:  This is not an endorsement -  I have recently canceled my subscription to this magazine).  The ingredients include:  fresh sweet corn, grilled; fresh tomatoes; cucumbers; onions; green pepper; jalapeno pepper (which I left out because I do not like 'hot') - all of which I have fresh, growing in my garden. I replaced the listed balsamic vinegar with my homemade tarragon vinegar which I prepared last year and never had a chance to use.  So, I thought I would give it a try.  I was not disappointed.





Once all the ingredients are mixed; then the salad marinates before serving.

Rolled in a soft taco shell, I used this salad with baked halibut.  I also served it as a side with sandwiches. 

This salad not only looks appetizing, but it tastes delicious, too.




This Fresh Corn Salad looks so festive;  like summer in a bowl. 

Grab a fork and enjoy a bite of summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment