summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, August 12, 2011

Starry Sky

I was awaken by the barking of the fox. He was quite near, but by the sounds of his bark; on the move. 

I thought about my chickens...had they been closed-up for the night.  Becky was here for supper and she was given that task.  So, at 4:15 AM, flashlight in hand, I walked out to the chicken house.  Buddy joined me half way.  The chickens were secure.  Whew!  Thank you Becky.

The bonus from my early walk was the starry sky above.  The full sweep of my view was filled with stars, and a planet or two.  Gee, I wonder if I can get a picture of this. (I guess by now you have figured out that I am not only obsessed with writing, but also with taking photographs.) I quietly went back into the house, trying to keep from waking Glenn, and grabbed my camera and tripod.

Back outside, I set the camera for both night and starry sky trying to find which setting would get me the best night sky photo.  A very slow click....click....click came from the camera as it was on a fifteen second delay due to the darkness.



Not bad for a first attempt if you really strain your eyes.  No, those specks are not dust, those specks are stars.  If you look closely, you can see the constellation Orion, or at least, in part.

Hmmm...there will be a full moon soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment