summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Roasted Veggies

Yesterday I made a recipe that I had made only twice before; Glenn loves it, it is simple, so I will keep making it.

The recipe is from the September 2011 issue of Country Living magazine.  It is called Roasted Tomato Sauce.  The roasted vegetables are pureed and the resulting sauce is used on pizza.  But...

The first time I made it, I used the pureed sauce on pasta - delicious.  But, Glenn thought the vegetables, right out the oven, would be tasty as a side dish.  So, I put my own spin on the recipe and now create roasted veggies - no pureeing necessary.  And, the recipe got even easier to prepare.


cut-up  veggies


I fill a 9" X 13" baking dish with our homegrown, fresh from the garden tomatoes, green peppers, and onions - cut up, of course.  Add olive oil, seasonings, and bake.  How easy!  Basically, the oven does all the work; but, I guess, the fresh veggies are the stars. 





What aroma! Rich and spicy, but not too spicy.  What flavor!  Full and savory.   And, the appetizing color - a perfect addition to any meal. This dish does not last long in our house.



roasted veggies - Spoon me up a serving, please!


Roasted Veggies is a 'keeper' in my recipe notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment