summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer's Day Break

Through the frames created by the quivering, leaved branches of the huge silver maple growing right next to my window; my eyes follow the lemon-yellow orb as it rises from behind the mountains of St. Mary's Wilderness in the east.  Morning has arrived.



I wake each day as if I live in a tree house - the sun's rays filtering through  the leafy canopy provides serenity, a calmness.


The distinctive morning greeting of the male cardinal, perched at the tip top of the sugar maple tree, encourages activity.








I descend and make my way to the back door. I look out and see my five furry, four-footed friends waiting.




As I walk out of the house,  I am whole-heartedly embraced. All tails are either wagging (dogs) or waving (cats) proclaiming, 'You're up, you're up!'

I so look forward to this daily A.M. routine. 

What a fabulous way to begin each day.  No improvement is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment