summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Homemade Potato Rolls

I am baking again!

Glenn's favorite bread is actually my homemade potato rolls. 

The first time I made them, we (the two of us) ate the entire batch - 32 to be exact.  They are soooo good.  Using our homegrown potatoes and fresh eggs must be the secret.  At least, I hope it is.  In any case, once out of the oven, the rolls do not last long as they are soft, fluffy, and just down right tasty.

 
straight from the oven,  potato rolls cooling on wire racks

This recipe is made quite frequently!

Depending on the amount of potato and flour (never the same measurement from batch to batch) used,  the resulting number made varies from 32 to 38 - that is a lot of potato rolls.  But, we manage to eat them in short order, before any go stale or mold (no preservatives here).




Today, we had them with a halibut sandwich filling I made.  Glenn enjoyed five, Becky (who is not a fan of halibut) ate four, then took leftovers home.

Me?  I did not count.....



No comments:

Post a Comment