summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Apple Pie - Not quite!

Hot on the heels of completing the writing of my cooking column for the March 2012 Friends of Gladys Taber newsletter, I had this desire to keep on cooking/baking.

Glenn wanted his 'go to' favorite - apple pie. 

I was feeling a bit more creative; I wanted to try something new.  So, I searched through some of the recipes that accompany my magazine subscriptions.  I found one called Pear-Cinnamon Streusel Squares. (Family Circle Hometown Favorites Cookbook Vol. 4 supplement) Apples could be used as a substitute to the pears.  Directions were easy, ingredients were on hand in my pantry.

As usual, I began following the directions, and ended with making 'my' modifications.  I really made just plain Apple Streusel Squares - no pears, no added cinnamon-flavored pieces - more like apple pie squares.

Taste?  Delicioso!

Glenn's comment, "Why didn't you add raisins?" 


 (palm of hand hitting forehead) I did not even think to do that...there is always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment