summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, January 27, 2012

Yummy, yummy, yummy

I am at it again - baking.

I still had two of those infamous California lemons remaining on my kitchen counter - pretty as they were, they needed to be used.

I saw a fairly quick and easy recipe for lemon curd in one of my magazines a few days back, but I   hesitated.

Hmmm...lemon curd.  I really did not know what lemon curd was except that it is frequently mentioned in cooking programs I regularly watch...Cupcake Wars (How bad can it be?), Chopped....

I like lemon, but just the sound of the word 'curd' put me off - until today.  The recipe suggested serving the curd with pound cake or scones.  I like both, and I have great recipes for both.  Scones won out.

First, I made the lemon curd.  Well...now I know what lemon curd is...it is nothing more than a creamier version of the filling for a lemon meringue pie - which, by the way, I love.  What took me so long to try curd???  Oh yeah, the sound of the word - silly me.

Second, I baked a batch of plain scones. 



Once the scones were cooled, and the curd chilled; I frosted my tester scone with the curd and took a bite....


OMG - again!  The flavors were fabulous. Even Becky's eyes rolled with tasteful gratification

My next problem...trying to refrain myself from eating the entire batch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment