summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside

I just came in from filling up the dogs' water bowl - the chore takes me about 5 seconds since the bowl sits just outside the dining room door on the back deck.  The dish has been plugged into power to keep the water from freezing; and, it is certainly freezing outside - brrrrr! I did not even take the extra second to look at the thermometer which is nailed to a post only two feet way.  I was cold!

So, I checked the weather on the Internet - intellicast.com for Raphine - and was alerted that the current temperature is 27 degrees, but it feels like 14.  Yep, I did not need to know the specifics - so different from the sweatshirt weather we have been experiencing.  Now, I am really cold.

No going outside for me today - too blustery and too down right COLD!

Mountain Glen Farm through the dirty living room window

 
Today, I will enjoy the farm looking outside, through the windows, from the warmth and comfort of the inside of the house. WOW - I think the pond looks like it is iced over - probably just a very thin layer; but, fast nonetheless.


birds taken from door sidelight
sunset taken from reading room (Becky's old bedroom)


Maybe, and just maybe, I will get outside soon - as in the next few days - as I become accustom to the lower air temperatures of the season.  I will remain inside and cook/bake, read, quilt, e-mail a few  friends, knit, work on my Friends of Gladys Taber newsletter cooking column or a myriad of other things that I have been longing to do - inside.

Oops...I still have to get out to collect eggs, check the chicken water....time to put on my soft scarf, my knitted stocking cap, my fluffy down jacket, my heavy work gloves, my new boots....I should be able to manage the cold now - no problem.

I lucked out again...Glenn came home from working all day outside (logging in the cold) and I was able to talk him into doing my chores - either he was already use to the cold or already frozen to the bone.

Cold averted for, at least, one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment