summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter Landscape

Now that the winter season is upon me,  I am enjoying a winter landscape. 

This landscape is the same in many ways to every other season; and yet it is different, specific to this season.

The same trees are present; only now their branches are leafless and their structure  more evident.

The sun and sky are the same; only the sun shines at a different angle - producing more shadows and the sky is clear and more blue.


The mountains have not moved, they are the same; but now their color has muted to shades of grey and brown, indicative of the date on the calendar.


The pastures; same, now sporting the color of the time of year announcing that they are resting.

Winter use to be my most unfavored season of the four - not any more.  I have opened my eyes to the pleasures and differences that only can be realized during  the season of winter. 

The Winter of Our Discontent... a favorite Steinbeck novel, but not my sentiment.

And, I am glad I have discovered winter. I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment