summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, January 2, 2012

Living On The Edge (at least for me)

I thought our motorcycle season had come to a close until yesterday afternoon...Glenn waltzed in and announced, 'Let's go for a ride.'


 
The sky was beginning to cloud, the air temperature was a bit nippy; but, what the heck...I always like to get out and experience the countryside up close and personal - so different than riding in a car. If the ride is going to be even the slightest bit curvy (which it usually is because Glenn likes curves), I usually take a Dramamine, put on my Sea Bands and place a mint in my mouth to try to  prevent any occurrence of  motion sickness.  I never outgrew my childhood affliction, and I suffer quite frequently - bummer! Car, plane, boat, motorcycle - mode of transportation does not matter - I still get sick! Carnival rides - never!

I donned a scarf (my neck always gets cold), a sweatshirt, and my 'bright as bright can be' (I want to make sure everyone can see us coming for safety reasons) riding jacket (which itself is quite toasty). Helmet and mittens completed my ensemble for the ride.

And, off we went.

Unfortunately, within minutes, the weather degraded quickly.  Miles from home, Glenn could see the rain advancing from the west. The windshield started sporting tiny drops of light drizzle.

Today's ride would be short.

Glenn made a 180 and started back for home.  We drove into the yard just as the heavier rain arrived - we lucked out this time.

The dogs greeted us, as they always do, with 'welcome home' barks; and, Buddy with a stick in his mouth.  They are always glad to see us return, and Buddy is always ready to play fetch.

No comments:

Post a Comment