summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, January 26, 2012

They're Back

I observed a flash of brilliant blue in my peripheral vision - Blue Jay, no....Bluebird, yes! What a pleasant surprise!

Yep, the bluebirds are back doing a bit of reconnaissance for their upcoming residence.


I could describe how the males are bold blue with definite red breast, how the females are an amazing muted version of the male of said species, and how they add a pop to the winter scheme.


I could describe how these birds fly from the fence, down to the ground, up to the nearby nesting box, back to the fence - displaying colorful beauty with each movement.

Really, all I need to describe is that big, wide, happy smile on my face.



Yes, the bluebirds are back...and I am grateful for such wonders.


No comments:

Post a Comment