summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Buddy On The Run

I constantly watch Buddy, what seems to be minute to minute, chasing birds. I wonder if he ever gets tired - it does not appear so.

Buddy travels so fast that he becomes a black and white streak.  I see him, in a glimpse,  when I am inside the house and he is zooming past the window.  When I am outside, Buddy is at my side until that split second when he takes off.  I know, just by gauging his speed, that Buddy is chasing a bird. But, not any bird...one that is flying high in the sky. In fact, I rarely notice the birds that Buddy chases until I look way up in the direction he has headed; then I too, see the bird.

Buddy foiled by the fence, but he continues to watch from his ground position.

Flocks of birds and birds in proximity do not seem to attract Buddy's attention.  He likes those that are solitary, flying above the tree tops and higher.  So high in fact, that I know Buddy will always come out of this game, the loser;  that is good - at least for the bird.   Buddy might be frustrated, but he does not appear to be...go figure!  However,  he is getting plenty of exercise!


Buddy just likes to chase birds; birds he can never catch.  The fun is in the chasing.

So, if chasing a high-flying bird makes him happy - fantastic!  And, so much better than chasing our cows or sheep.


I favor a HAPPY Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment