summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, January 13, 2012

Visitor In My Garden Shed

As I walked into my garden shed one afternoon, I was immediately mindful of a visitor...a Carolina Wren had entered this small outbuilding. The little bird seemed confused as to how to leave as it frantically flew from corner to corner.


I knew I would probably never get a chance to observe this magnificent little creature within such intimate quarters again; so, I stood still and quietly watched this petite bird during the few moments when it felt comfortable enough to settle down to perch or to explore its immediate surroundings.


This little wren was very energetic...constantly in motion - looking up, moving down, turning about within the paraphernalia of my shed - shovels, baskets, rototiller - every tool and piece of stored equipment seemed interesting to this wren.


After a few minutes of one-on-one time with this feathered creature, I slowly opened the huge, double doors to provide the wren with the easiest egress possible. I walked away and gave the wren the opportunity to leave my shed on his own accord; much like he entered.

No comments:

Post a Comment